Astrophotography Workshop Tours (Brecon Beacons)
Come join us on an astrophotography workshop tour in the Brecon Beacons Dark Sky Reserve. We start with a theory session indoors covering everything you need to know to be able to capture the night sky and all its wonders, as well as a look at some post-processing techniques to make your images better than the rest. After that we visit some of my favourite locations in the Brecon Beacons Dark Sky Reserve to put everything into practice.
What do you need?
- Camera (DSLR/Mirrorless/Bridge)
- Wide angles lens (eg. 18-55mm, 10-20mm, 14mm, 24-70mm)
- Tripod (can provide spares on request at no extra charge)
- Torch It's going to be dark! I advise a headtorch to keep your hands free.
- Cable shutter release/intervalometer (optional)
- Saturday 10th March 2018 (4 - 11pm)
£90 SOLD OUT
- Friday 6th April 2018 (6pm - 1am)
£90 SOLD OUT
The theory session is split into three categories:
1) Understanding your camera, settings, and technique for shooting in the field. We also cover some extras like how to properly keep warm, escaping light pollution, as well as discussions about gear and lenses.
2) Discover all the night sky wonders that are availalble to photograph and learn how to plan your shots in advance using various apps and tools to your advantage. Astrophotography, much like landscape photography, is very seasonal and so different wonders are available at different times of the year.
3) Post processing techniques and tricks. Learn how to edit your images to make them better than the rest, including hot topics like how to handle noise (even with budget cameras) and making the Milky Way 'pop'.
It will be impossible for you to learn and remember everything I teach you which is why you'll be provided with an extensive booklet to take home and continue learning.
Discovery Wales Tours will be on hand to provide us with safe and comfortable transport as we venture around the Brecon Beacons National Park visitting some of my favourite locations for astrophotography. All locations are kept within easy accessibility of parking so the workshop is suited for pretty much all fitness levels and can accomodate people with disabilities. You'll get a chance to put everything you've learnt into practice with full attention and professional guidance from myself.
We then return to the agreed location for our farewells but the workshop doesn't end there. You'll be invited into my Facebook group 'Night Sky Wonders' where we can keep in touch, share images, and offer further help and tips. I also use the group to offer warnings of any ISS flyovers and possible aurora activity etc.
Some nights we end the tour at the Brecon Beacons Observatory where Dark Sky Wales guide us through a session on the telescopes. The team of world class educators and astronomers have expert knowledge to guide you around the wonders of the night sky and plenty of funny stories to keep you warm with laughter through the night.
Adapters are available for you to mount your camera to the scopes and capture incredible images of distant galaxies and nebula.
Still unsure? Check my reviews on Facebook to see what past attendees have said or see some examples below:
"I had followed Alyn's work for a little while now and jumped at the chance to attend one of Alyn's astrophotography workshops. I found it very informative and extremely interesting. Alyn was very approachable and friendly, he talked us through his processes from how to take different Astro shots through to post production. We were blessed with clear skies, a meteor shower and a glimpse of The northern lights.
I highly recommend his workshops!"
"Attended Alyn's Astrophotography workshop and cannot recommend it enough! Alyn is really down to earth and a great teacher and makes everything simple to understand. Even though the weather wasn't on our side Alyn invited us up the next night to get some practice in, which was really good of him. Super proud of the photos I achieved at the workshop and can't wait to get out again at night with the camera."
Sign up to mailing listBe the first to hear about new dates...
Note: Your details will not be sold on to third parties and all data will be stored in accordance to the Data Protection Act.